Hello, thanks for dropping by, I’m Philip Lamb, welcome to my website.
Royally Swept – The Chimney Sweep is my small business in Emsworth and covers surrounding areas, towns and villages.
OK, you need a chimney sweep, no problem; lets look at the ins and outs…
- Chimneys or flues need to allow the free passage of dangerous combustion gases. Regular sweeping of your chimney will not only eliminate the build-up of creosote and soot which would hinder this, potentially causing a hazardous chimney fire, but it will also help to keep your appliance or fire running to its optimum potential.
- You may find that your fire or appliance is less efficient than usual or that smoke is escaping back in to the room, or you may have discovered twigs or debris in the grate. The most common reason for this would be a blockage, possibly caused by a nest. If you leave these blockages in place, you run the risk of having a chimney fire or preventing the escape of deadly Carbon Monoxide gas.
- Many people think that Carbon Monoxide only comes from gas appliances but in fact any fuel that burns creates this deadly gas. Any appliance fitted after 1 October 2010 must have a CO alarm fitted in the same room but I highly recommend that a room should have an alarm fitted regardless of the appliance’s age. I can chat with you about where the alarm should be fitted, supply the alarm and also fit it for you if required.
Chimney Sweeping in
Hampshire and West Sussex
Your Chimney. Right Royally Swept
Putting your safety first
thoroughly sweeping and inspecting Hampshire and West Sussex chimneys to ensure they remain safe, efficient and cost effective for many years to come.
Prices Starting from:
- Standard sweep of two story building
- Chimney is lined
- Standard sweep of two story building
- Chimney is Unlined
* Dependant on access to flue / chimney
In the event that we arrive at your property and we are unable to sweep due to circumstances out of our control such as poor installation or an unstable chimney stack we charge a £25 call out fee. In these situations we will always try and advise verbally and in writing how you can rectify the problem so that sweeping will be possible in the future.
Birds nests and blockages – £70 call out / first hour, then £20 every half hour of labour thereafter spent removing a nest or blockage. If you suspect you might have a nest in your chimney please inform us when booking so that we book you a longer appointment. ( please be advised the nest is to be disposed of by the client).
If a gas fire needs disconnecting in order to gain access to the flue area, please ensure you use a qualified Gas Safe registered gas engineer before booking me.If you have a wood burning stove that needs sweeping, please ensure that your appliance has either been fitted with a lined flue, or, an access hatch has been fitted to the register plate to allow access to the main flue area. Failure to have a correctly fitted stove could result in loss of efficiency and possibly allow dangerous carbon monoxide emissions into your house.By law, I am unable to dismantle a flue pipes, register plates or move stoves once they have been professionally fitted and commissioned.I do not condone any stove that has not been fitted by a HETAS registered fitter, and reserve the right to not sweep any DIY fitted appliances.A chimney stack, pot and any cowls should be able to withstand a chimney sweeping, if for any reason a pot / cowl breaks or becomes dislodged during this process the sweep cannot take any responsibility
Excellent professional service by Phil, he really knows his chimneys! Lovely friendly guy, super efficient and genuinely passionate about his work. Very respectful and clean, in fact you’d never have known he’d been here! Thanks Phil, we’ll definitely use you again.
Phil was fab – he did a great job on both the log burner and the fireplace. Phil was really friendly and gave some great advice to a log burner novice- highly recommended!
Phil was marvellous. Very clean, thorough and efficient. Very knowledgeable, informative and personable. Particularly taken with his involvement of the kids – made it a special occasion for them! Would highly recommend him!
Nic n jules, Emsworth
Service with a smile. Just had my chimney swept by Phil and wanted to say what a great service he gave. Can whole heartedly recommend him. Cheers Topsy
I contacted Phil and was immediately impressed by his knowledge and enthusiasm. Phil was punctual, professional and above all very clean and tidy. I would highly recommend the services of Royally Swept and will be using them again next year. Thank you Phil
A very professional service by Royally Swept. Phil was punctual and polite and was happy to explain the process and give advice whilst working, left the living room nice and clean.
I can highly recommend this excellent chimney sweep!
Thanks again Phil.